https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

ODW July Challenge.


The theme for this month's challenge was Birds, Bugs and Butterflies, yet to be made into an item.


I've been completing them early in the month,  then photographing them  and then, putting them away ready for show and  tell at the end of the month.  I'm thinking I need to get them made into the objects in mind at that time, as they are multiplying rapidly, or so it seems, this year. :)

I'm continuing to complete blocks from The Splendid Sampler project at the same time, trying to keep up with those blocks which I did not manage last year.  These below are the current finishes to add to my collection.

This block is titled, Bee Happy.



This one is Scrappy Happy Heart



The third one for now, is titled Starting Point.




I've completed 60 blocks and 10 bonus blocks from the  approximately 
120 blocks in the project, so still a few to be done. A progress photo next time.


5 comments:

  1. Lovely ladybird and productive stitching all round

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... the little ladybug is darling! I have to try better to make my stitchings into something as I go because if I don't they just sit there. I was pretty good until this year and have fallen apart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments, Bronwyn & Carol.
    I did enjoy the Ladybird stitch along with the Splendid Sampler blocks. I do need to spend some time making the cross stitch pieces into finished items. I too have fallen down on those completions this year. Kay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is ODW? Nice job on all your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Meari, ODW started out as a challenge @ 123 stitch, to stitch one small cross stitch chart in a day. Hence, "One Day Wonder." Supposedly to use up our vast collection of small freebie charts. Not that anymore, however the ODW name has been retained, with the goal of stitching the theme choice, for the month, in that period of time. No pressure. folk ban join in or not. HTH
      Kay.

      Delete