https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Three More Splendid Sampler Blocks.

Three more blocks ticked off the "to do" list from my The Splendid Sampler project. That puts me at about half way or just over, thankfully  inspiring one to keep going at the present pace.



 The blocks are in no particular order.  Some have been prepared since they were released, other are done as  I chose. Perhaps I will follow the second version group as they progress this year. More inspiration to keep on with this wonderful adventure.

 This wee purse block is ever so cute,  it does needs to have the background  trimmed to size.


 Both of the two blocks above used scraps from two previous quilts, a Baltimore & a hexagon quilt, from some years ago

 The block below is made using three fabrics from my late Mother's collection. They are,. the black with white pin spot, the purple floral & plain deep purple. The green, along with the mustard & white spot, from my own collection. One doesn't realize, how little one uses when trying to de-stash.


.





6 comments:

  1. Each of these blocks is so beautiful! I love that each of the blocks has a 3D effect. I can't wait to see how this one finishes up. It will be a real keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching the half-way point! Lovely new blocks and that little bird in the first is just so sweet :) Hope June is a happy month for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I've not done any more blocks this month. I've one prepared & have made another cushion & a patchwork cushion front, along with a small cross stitch piece. Back to the TSS this week.

      Delete
  3. Such pretty stitching. Loving the colors and the extras you're adding. Lovely. I'm your newest follower and glad you're here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LindaLee. I do enjoy the patchwork process. This quilt is an attempt to use some of the large selection of my fabric scraps, so a great variety of colour, for my choices.
      Kay.

      Delete
    2. Thank you LindaLee. I do love the patchwork process & my vast array of fabric scraps, allows me plenty of colour choices. I mudt confess I do love colour.

      Delete