https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Monday, November 28, 2016

TSS Progress

Ive' managed to complete a few more blocks for The Splendid Sampler, in the last couple of days. They are mostly appliqued, a favourite method for me, although a pieced block is in the mix. I'm doing embroidered ones at the moment so after those , I'm moving on to a couple of foundation pieced blocks.

The first one is a blousey single rose with mottled pink fabric, petals..
 This one has a Kaffe Fasett fabric for the centre, with batiks for the outer hexagons..
 I'm alternating the majority of the background squares between  black & white pin spot & or, a Black & white striped fabric, with some coloured exceptions, as in the acorn below.
As this is a scrap quilt I have enjoyed incorporating some fabric scraps from previous quilts








.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment