https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Very Grateful

Since my last post, our Burmese wanderer decided to get herself lost another time. This time for 11 days. I can only say, I was extremely stressed. Once again we circulated flyers around our village, walked the streets calling her name , searched under neighbours homes to no avail. One morning last week when I was beyond despair, a lady phoned to say she had found the cat, who appeared to be in a very bad state. We quickly drove up the hill 1.5 klms to find a very dehydrated, skin & bone bedraggled Holly. She was in a cardboard box, beside a very busy road, Normally she would have leapt from that box & run for her life.  Bless her heart, she had no fight left, she was curled into the base. When I lifted her out, it was such a shock to see her in that condition, although I had been aware that without food & water for so long she may not have survived. She collapsed into my arms & purred softly.  We took her to the vet & brought her home that evening,  re hydrated, keen to eat & taking water. Needless to say we are very grateful to have her home with us & have an outcome that I had not hoped to find. She is gaining weight , thankfully, she lost 600grms of her 3.1 kgs. Holly now does not have the liberty of going out doors, nor does she want to, at this stage.
K.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, what a scare you must have had, Kay! I'm so glad little Holly is now home and safe again... I imagine with that experience she'll be happy to just stay inside from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear Holly is inside and getting back to good health. Our furry children know how to stress us out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found your kitty... and that she's on the mend.

    ReplyDelete