https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Time to Return.

To all who have stayed over the absent months of posts, checking in along the way to see if I'd return, thank you.
Although I've been absent for some time, some of my Sublime Pastimes haven't been neglected. Not that there are innumerable completions. Some of those of the stitching kind, are no longer on the "to do" list. I've stayed up to date with the two regular annual cross stitch exchanges, Halloween and Christmas. The Halloween one I joined five years ago, while I've been exchanging Christmas Ornaments for ten years.

I'm ever grateful for those needlework skills taught to me at my Mother's and Grandmother's knee. Those skills have provided joy, delight, solace, satisfaction,  achievement, reward and even on rare occasions, even frustration. Thankfully at times the concentration required for certain applications, can banish all manner of distraction.

Let's get underway with afternoon tea and a savoury snack. Two more of my Sublime Pastimes in the photo  below, cooking & gardening.
I made these this morning, they were enjoyed by all & they were very tasty. The decorative mignonette lettuce, nasturtium, pansies, heartsease, lobelia & parsley, all came from our herb garden & hanging baskets. Enjoy.




Now for a selection of  stitched items.

My Christmas Exchange Ornament 2014, was like the red strawberry on the right. I usually try to stitch an identical ornament for myself. I had a small, extra piece of linen, so I stitched the green & red one on the left, to add to my collection.


This is my ornament from my exchange partner. The photo does not show the beautiful sparkling cord surrounding the decoration.


I stitched more than one Christmas ornament last year, a couple of extras for me, below.
The first one a freebie from LHN, titled Seven Pines. I stitched it to commemorate a family visit prior to Christmas, which was very loving & gave great pleasure.

                                               I printed the details on the reverse.

The next stitched ornament was also a freebie shared, from the French blog, 'Jura Point de Croix.

The next ornament was a copy of the one I stitched for my 2013 exchange partner, except for an alternative  trim. This is another LHN  design called "It's Snow Cold."

I hope you have enjoyed this small collection, I'll post more items next time.

2 comments:

  1. How nice to see what you've been up to! Lovely finishes--I do love that melting snowman on the polka-dot fabric especially :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have been busy while away! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete