https://thedigitalbakery.blogspot.c

Monday, July 19, 2010

Visitors.

Thank you to all those folk who have so kindly become followers or left comments. My plan has always been to be diligent with my creativity posts, however I am human and can fail to follow, even my best intentions.

Speaking of Visitors, a photo above of the very pretty feathered kind.

These are Australian Native birds, called Rainbow Lorikeets. They are often friendly, when food is offered. These two are part of a local flock which visit morning and evening, and walk backwards & forwards along the sitting room windowsil. As soon as anyone inside moves in the direction of the kitchen they fly to that windowsil. They create quite a noise outside the window, annoucing it is time for their treat. My DD#2, feeds them a special vitamin enriched liquid, especially prepared for their species. As they are nectar & fruit eaters, some folk, mistakenly feed them sugar in water. Over a period of time, the adults who have been fed this, produce young who are unable to stand or use their wings. They are often very cheeky & when they have been feasting on rotting fruit, they are very comical, (drunk) after consuming the fermenting pulp.
.


Today we were informed our car will be out of action for about ten weeks. Oh dear! We will need to consider obtaining a "beats walkin" of some description, preferably an automatic version, after yesterday in DD's manual. IMHO it is totally unsuitable for the roadways in Wellington, even tho many folk must drive in this mode.. I did learn to drive on such a vehicle, realising very quickly, automation was a much more pleasurable, driving experience. To each his own. Without my wee chariot, there will be more time at home to stitch. This afternoon I felt a distinct inclinatiion to start, or perhaps I should say, continue, with a WIP. I do need a small distraction. So, which will it be from the many awaiting my attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment